C is for clear calm waters.
C is for cormorants cooling their heels.
C is for clivia making a splash of color.
Click for the home of ABC Wednesday.
Recent Posts on Carver's Sight (my other blog)
Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Monday, January 30, 2012
I was dazzled by the reflections in the creek that feeds into the lake.
The geese were foraging in the grasses.
The lake was a study in blues as was the sky.
One of the cormorants held a wings spread out pose for a long time.
The duck seemed to be chasing its tail in the water.
The three ducks below were having a pleasant conversation.
The gulls were flying with sparkling fairies.
Last year and the year before, this lake froze over for part of the winter but I doubt it will this year.
It feels a lot more like spring than winter.
It annoyed me when I spotted the plastic bag draped over the branches below.
When I see trash I pick it up but I wouldn't have been able to reach that littering plastic.
Click for the home of our world Tuesday.
Friday, January 27, 2012
The first shot is for the weekend in black and white and the second shows it wasn't as monochrome of a morning as I thought.
I was surprised when I zoomed in that several of the birds in the tree above were male cardinals wearing their red finery.
Click for the home of the weekend in black and white.
Thursday, January 26, 2012
I am enjoying the variety of sky shooting opportunities.
It seems like it's always gray until I glance at my weekly sky photos and realize there is a lot of blue in between the storms.
The Dogwood may not do very well this spring because I've noticed a lot of the tips of the branches have been broken off.
I think I prefer the bare branches of winter to almost any of the tree cycles.
I like how the light can bronze the branches like the shot below.
I am missing snow this winter. I don't want an extreme storm but I enjoy a pretty snow.
I feel like I'm saying the same things each week when I post my sky shots but that's because there isn't much new going on.
I keep shooting the hodgepodge sky and wonder about the bizarre weather.
I am starting to bore myself although I don't find the sky boring.
I run out of things to say so perhaps I should just post one shot and not try to write in between shots.
Maybe I'll try that next week.
Click for the home of SkyWatch Friday.
Tuesday, January 24, 2012
Bashful bunny freezes when scary human points her black camera at him.
It is funny how sometimes bunnies in my garden will almost seem to avoid the flowers.
I was serious about them preferring weeds. Even when I grew carrots and lettuce, the bunnies would munch down on weeds and ignore the vegetables.
One last bunny with its white cotton tail behind.
Click for the home of ABC Wednesday.
Monday, January 23, 2012
It amused me to see the water tower above reflected in an office building window.
The cats above and below were exploring the shadows on my next door neighbor's backyard.
It was quite a surprise to see the clivia miniata below reflected in my living room desk's cabinet.
Below is a shot of the clivia miniata in front of the window and to the right, facing the photo, is a corner of the cabinet that showed off its reflection in the previous shot.
Click for the home of Our World Tuesday.
Friday, January 20, 2012
- ► 2013 (89)
- ABC Wednesday: C is for clear calm cormorant color...
- Our World Tuesday: Sunny Saturday Swordplay
- The Weekend in Black and White: A monochrome morni...
- SkyWatch Friday: Moving too fast
- ABC Wednesday: B is for Bunny
- Our World Tuesday: Reflections and Shadows
- The Weekend in Black and White: Downtown Durham, N...
- SkyWatch Friday: Ever Changing
- ABC Wednesday: A is for amber
- Our World Tuesday: Construction and such
- The Weekend in Black and White: First day of 2012
- SkyWatch Friday: In between the grey
- ABC Wednesday: Z is for zig zag
- Our World Tuesday: Bird interaction
- The Weekend in Black and White: Titmouse waiting o...
- SkyWatch Friday: Year end Year Begin
- ABC Wednesday: Y is for Year
- Our World Tuesday: Walking on the First Day of 201...
- ▼ January 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (194)
- ► 2010 (202)
- ► 2009 (206)
- A (6)
- ABC Wednesday (149)
- animals (282)
- art (45)
- B (6)
- Bee's Knees (4)
- blogblast for peace (6)
- buildings (145)
- C (6)
- D (6)
- E (6)
- F (6)
- family (10)
- flowers (118)
- G (6)
- grasses (44)
- H (6)
- holidays (3)
- I (6)
- J (6)
- K (6)
- L (6)
- M (6)
- melanoma (2)
- monochrome monday (144)
- N (5)
- O (6)
- Our World Tuesday (81)
- P (6)
- photo walk (379)
- plants (95)
- purple day epilepsy (2)
- Q (6)
- R (6)
- S (6)
- sky (404)
- SkyWatch Friday (243)
- T (6)
- That's My World (186)
- The weekend in black and White (148)
- trees (443)
- U (6)
- V (6)
- vacation (127)
- vegetable plants (11)
- W (6)
- water (315)
- wordless wednesday (109)
- X (5)
- Y (5)
- Z (5)
- My original site, Carver's Sight or is that Site, was inspired by reading the blogs of people who I got to know through the Melanoma Patient's Information Page (MPIP). As time has gone on, I find myself talking as much about gardening, photography, and other random thoughts as I do about melanoma follow up. I am happy about that. I have set up an additional site, Carver Cards, which is primarily a photoblog.